Hi there! Here I am! It’s been so long since I’ve posted regularly that I don’t rightly know what to post, so today, we’re wingin’ it. I present ten random things.
- I finished my work project yesterday. I walked into my manager’s office with the last bit of it and a time off request form. I told her that I could either start a new project on a Friday, which probably wouldn’t go so well, or I could save everyone the trouble and take the day off, coming back on Monday refreshed and renewed. Add other buzzwords where applicable. She signed the form.
- I have a ridiculous amount of vacation time that I never take. In February, I decided that I need to take more time off, so I am. I’m making an effort to take a random day now and then–one day off every two months or so. I have absolutely no plans today. Just like this post, I’m wingin’ it. It’s glorious.
- I wake up with a song in my head every day. I think it’s related to my synesthesia (I see music) since no one else I know wakes up with a song stuck in their head every single day they’ve been alive. This was today’s song:
- I realized yesterday that I have a lot of 1970s music in my most loved songs playlist. I think the 70s were the best, most groundbreaking modern decade for music. It’s true! You have 70s rock n’ roll, which doesn’t sound at all like 60s rock; heavy metal, progressive rock, glam, and funk; punk was born in the 70s and so was rap. Yeah, it also spawned disco, but we can’t have everything. Besides, this song is a 70s disco song and it totally rules:
- When I was in Kindergarten, our teacher asked us to draw a cat. Nobody could figure out how to draw the mouth. I drew an upside-down triangle for a nose with a J and a backwards J, like so:
The teacher liked it so much, she showed it to the class and I spent the rest of the time drawing triangles and Js on everyone’s cat. She thought I was artistically gifted and got me a scholarship to Cranbrook Academy of Art, an expensive and highly respected art school in Michigan. I went to a few weekend classes and loved it. My grandmother, a graduate of Cornell University at a time when women didn’t do things like that, thought art wasn’t a proper trade for a young lady. I didn’t draw again for many years. And now I make my living as an artist. Suck it, Gram. Encourage your children, folks. It’s important.
- 10 jobs I’ve had in my life (in chronological order):
- Parking lot attendant
- Box office sales rep
- Phone customer service rep (I was really terrible at it)
- Receptionist (I taught myself the computer at this one)
- Systems administrator/Tech support (from not knowing PC to tech support in one job leap–that’s how I roll)
- Telecommunication services (making all those prompts work when you call an automated phone system–”press one for Goldfish”)
- Marketing Manager (I wasn’t very good at this one either since I don’t know what makes people tick.)
- Senior Business Development Manager (But I got promoted anyway)
- Graphic Designer
- Art Director (current)
- 10 things I call my dog (her name is really Isabel):
- Piglet (given to her by Male)
- Schweinehund (pig dog in German)
- Monkey, bear or monkeybear
- Pig butt (I’m not sure what that even means)
- Monkeybearpigdogelephant (all in one run-on word)
- Ferocious Killer
- 10 things I call my cat (his name is really Fu):
- Fussybritches (that’s actually his full name)
- Fudoh (after the Japanese movie)
- Big fat (my sister’s cat is little fat)
- Fat man (my sister’s cat is little boy–droppin’ bombs)
- Lazy sack of cat
- 10 things I do every day (besides autonomic and/or human functions):
- Coffee (always number one)
- Pick up dog poop
- Listen to music
- Type on a keyboard
- Look at the sky
- Hug a cat and a dog
- Stare at my phone
- Get lost in thought
- Look for the moon (I don’t always find it)
- Try to identify the constellations
- 10 songs I’ve listen to in the last hour or so:
- The Dead Weather – Jawbreaker
- Trauma School Dropouts – Bang Bang LuLu
- Frank Sinatra – I Get A Kick Out Of You
- Celtic Frost – Procreation (Of the Wicked)
- Jean Sibelius/St. Petersburg Symphony Orchestra – Karelia I. Intermezzo
- The Meatmen – Meatmen Stomp
- The Andrews Sisters – One-Two-Three O’Leary
- Torche – Triumph of Venus
- The Treacherous Three – Body Rock
- Motörhead – I’m Your Man
Well, my list turned into a meta list of lists, because when all else fails, I can always list 10 random things.
To complete the random, here’s a fat bear wearing a jetpack for absolutely no reason.
And now, according to my itinerary, I do believe it’s nap time. Less talk. Much nap. Lates.