Welcome to the final week of my weird friend Mental Mama’s challenge 7 Weeks Of Weird.
Weirdest random fact about yourself (something you’ve done, something you like, somewhere you’ve been, etc.).
Hm. I think y’all know by now that I’m pretty weird, but I can’t think of one random thing about myself that will blow your socks off, so I’m going to do a list of little weird things.
- I hate having wet hair. My hair is so fine that you can either comb it when it’s sopping wet or bone dry. If you try to run a comb through it when it’s damp, it will become a tangled mess.
- I hated chocolate for most of my life. I still don’t like chocolate flavored things like cake and ice cream, but I do like chocolate on its own now.
- I have Fred Flintstone feet. I got them from my mom. They are short and wide. I very rarely can find lady shoes that fit since, for whatever reason, they stopped selling wide shoes as if people’s feet aren’t wide anymore.
- Speaking of feet, I can move my pinky toe independently of the others. It creeps most people out.
- Also, speaking of feet, my middle toe is longer than the other little toes, so I’m secretly flipping everyone off with my feet. I kind of like it.
- I’m not a big fan of my feet. On the plus side, it’s very difficult to knock me over. I have excellent balance.
- When I was a kid, my hair would turn white in the summer from the sun. I looked like an albino or child of the damned, but with green eyes.
- One of my best friends is an albino. His eyes are pink.
- Actually, when I was a kid, my eyes would change from green to blue depending on what I was wearing. My family used to ask, “What color are your eyes today?” when I came down to breakfast. One day, they stayed green and never went back to blue. I miss my magical color-changing eyes.
- I wake up with a random song stuck in my head every morning.
- When I was a kid, I used to write songs. I carried a tape recorder around with me and would hum into it. I have since lost both those tapes and all musical ability.
- Though, whenever I don’t have any song in particular stuck in my head, I do hum one small melody, which I’ve never been able to place, so I think I wrote it.
- I have absolutely no fear of heights. My job as a kid was to clean off the roof. I would love to go skydiving.
- I’m afraid of large insects, like bigger than a quarter (except tarantulas for some reason–I don’t mind them). It’s part of the reason I have always had a cat.
- I’m pretty sure this fear is from getting a massive palmetto bug (sometimes called a June bug) stuck in my hair as a kid. It was all freaking out because it was stuck, which made it get stuck worse, and I was freaking out because I had a freaked out large bug stuck in my hair. My dad had to cut it out.
- I once had a locust trapped in my house for days and it tormented me until my cat finally got it.
- I’ve been drinking coffee since I was little. I’ve never stopped. I love coffee. It’s my favorite beverage.
- I can see music.
Well, that’s about all I have time for right now. What’s weird about you?
A special thanks to Mental Mama for creating this challenge. It was fun. Stay weird!