A lot of you seem to have nominated me for stuff. That’s awesome. Apparently, you’re unaware that I’m very lazy though. It’s been roughly a dog’s age since I did an awards post, so here we are. First, I’m going to list the awards and who gave them to me. We’ll handle new business afterwards. I may have forgotten some nominations along the way. Please, feel free to chastise me if that’s the case.
Blog Of The Year Award
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
- Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
- Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
- Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
- Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
- You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
- As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
The One Lovely Blog Award
PajariGirls nominated me for this one. Thank you!
The rules of this award are:
- Thank the person who nominated you (manners, people! manners!).
- Add the “One Lovely Blog Award” image to your post.
- Share 7 things about you.
- Pass the award on to seven nominees.
- Include this set of rules (important, otherwise confusion and mass hysteria ensues).
- Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
The Shine One Award
GeGeBear nominated me for the Shine On Award. I’m not sure what the rules are for this one. I’m going to assume they’re roughly the same as the others.
The Very Inspiring Blogger Award
GeGeBear and Tracy at FEC-THis nominated me for a Very Inspiring Blogger Award. Thanks!
1. Link back to the blogger who nominated you.
2. Post the award image to your page.
3. Share 7 facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other blogs and inform them about it.
The Liebster Blog Award
Twindaddy nominated me for something. I’m not sure what exactly because his post is TL;DR, but it was something. I think it was that one. Anyway, he asked me to answer eleven questions, which I’ve done below.
1. Each person must post 11 things about themselves.
2. Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you’ve tagged to answer.
3. Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
The Business End:
It might be kind of cheating to combine the 7 things and 11 about me from three awards into one, but I don’t care.
11 Facts About Me:
- I’m severely left-handed.
- I didn’t like beer or chocolate until a few years ago.
- I like most dogs better than most people.
- I never had a Barbie Doll.
- I have green eyes.
- I only have four tattoos, but they are all really big and/or visible, i.e. my knuckles, legs and arms.
- I don’t like cola–Coke, Pepsi, none of it. The only sodas I drink are the occasional Dr. Pepper or ginger ale.
- I like most types of music except free-form jazz. It makes me want to murder.
- My favorite toy as a kid was Lego’s.
- I won an award for a drawing I did of Jesus when I was in Catholic school. They hung it in the hallway. It might still be there.
- I went to Catholic school for grades 7-9. Shocking, I know.
The Twindaddy Eleven:
1. If you could live on any planet in that galaxy far, far away, which would it be?
Planet Fornax in UDFj-39546284.
2. What is your favorite flavor Hot Pocket?
I can’t eat cheese, but the Pepperoni & Sausage Pizza Pockets are the best.
3. What does an ideal day consist of for you?
Sleep and lots of it. Writing. Taking my dog to the dog park. Being generally lazy without any obligations.
4. You find the Stormtrooper armor sexy, don’t you?
Um, sure. I mean, of course! Please, don’t shoot me.
5. Kirk or Picard?
Picard. I find Kirk annoying.
6. If I were to say, “Watch out, hot buns coming through!” which type of buns would I be referring to?
I dunno why, but this just popped into my head:
Hot cross buns!
Hot cross buns!
One ha’ penny, two ha’ penny,
Hot cross buns!
If you have no daughters,
Give them to your sons
One ha’ penny,
Two ha’ penny,
Hot Cross Buns!
7. Who is your favorite comic book character?
Spider Jerusalem from Transmetropolitan, by Warren Ellis and Darrick Robertson.
Read it. It is awesome and because I said so.
8. What’s the worst movie you’ve ever seen?
Hm. Worst as in: so bad it’s good? Or worst as in: ZOMG, that was so bad I couldn’t watch the whole thing? I have a great affinity for terrible movies like The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension and Big Trouble In Little China. Let’s see though, the most awful movie that I’ve ever seen that irritated me to the point of walking out of the theater and almost made me hate one of my all time favorite directors knowing that this piece of crap was the last fucking movie he ever made? Eyes Wide Shit.
9. Android, iPhone, or Windows Phone?
I have Android right now but I hate it. It freezes so much that I had to leave the case off of it which scratched up the camera lens. I miss my Blackberry.
10. What the hell did you do that for?
I don’t know. It seemed like a good idea at the time.
11. Why do you keep coming back to torment yourself with my inane writings?
Because you make me laugh (sometimes).
This is the chain-lettery part that I hate. I don’t want to make anyone feel obligated to do anything and I don’t like making people feel left out. If I nominated people for each award I received, this would take forever, so if I nominate you, feel free to pick one (or all or none) and just go with that (if you feel like it).
I’m nominating everyone who participated in the FOG Mad Lib Contest a while back. I was afraid that no one would answer at all and it would be a very sad contest indeed. Instead, I had lots of answers from lots of people, some of whom I’d never seen around the fishbowl before. Thanks!
And here are 11 questions should you choose to answer them:
- What’s that song you always seem to hum when you’re not paying attention?
- What’s the last book you read?
- Where were you born?
- How far away from where you were born are you at this moment?
- Which superpower: flight or invisibility?
- Do you have any hobbies?
- Do you have any pets?
- If you could fly to the moon tomorrow, would you?
- Do you like your job?
- Do you wish you were taller?
- Favorite color?